TEACHEY - One teen was airlifted to New Hanover Regional Medical Center following a one-vehicle crash in Duplin County Thursday.
Troopers said around 3:30 p.m., a female driver was inside of a vehicle with two other teenage passengers. That's when for unknown reason, the driver started skidding, and ran off the road to left. Troopers said she then ran into a ditch, went airborne, and "barrel-rolled" sideways several times. Troopers said the car eventually ended up on its roof with the driver pinned inside.
Troopers said the other two passengers sustained minor injuries.
The teens, all ranging in ages of 16-17-years-old, identities have not yet been released.
Troopers said the driver was wearing a seat belt at the time.
- Updated Spurned again in DNC vote, progressives threaten revolt
- Updated Truck rams New Orleans crowd during Mardi Gras parade; 28 injured
- Updated Trump declines to attend White House correspondents' dinner
- Judge rules against dismissing charges against Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- Fire reported in old Calypso Fire Station