FAYETTEVILLE, CUMBERLAND COUNTY - Investigators say a teenager tried to kill her grandmother by dumping insecticide and termite killer into a pot of collard greens.
The 17-year-old Fayetteville girl is charged with two counts of attempted first degree murder.
A friend of the grandmother's also ate the greens on Easter Sunday.
Both were treated at a hospital and released.
The Fayetteville Observer quoted the grandmother as saying the teen was angry because her cell phone was taken away.
- Updated Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates
- Updated Trump disavows robo-call from David Duke
- Chocowinity commissioner speaks out after assault charges