LILLINGTON, N.C. - The N.C. Highway Patrol says a high school teacher is dead after the car he was driving ran into the rear of a stopped school bus near Lillington.
The patrol said the accident occurred around 4:39 p.m. Friday. William Neil Parnell III, a 39-year-old mathematics teacher at South View High School, was killed when his car hit the bus on U.S. 401 South.
According to the patrol, the bus had stopped to let off a student from an elementary school. The patrol said Parnell's car didn't brake before hitting the bus.
The patrol said neither the bus driver nor the two students aboard the bus were hurt.
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Updated Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Michelle Obama goes off on Donald Trump