CRAVEN COUNTY - Officials with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources have issued a swimming advisory for a site in the Neuse River near New Bern.
They say they found excessive levels of enterococci bacteria in the water near Green Springs at 818 Neuse Drive near New Bern.
The advisory doesn't affect the entire Neuse River -- just the area within 200 feet of the sign.
Officials say they will announce when the water is safe for swimming again.
- Updated Beauty school abruptly closes all 79 campuses
- Updated Come show your support at "Get Your Pink On" in New Bern
- New Woman charged with fatally shooting husband is expected in court
- Sewer repairs prompt partial road closure in Jacksonville
- Gary Johnson struggles to name a world leader he respects