CARTERET COUNTY - Six swim advisories and three alerts have been lifted for beaches in Carteret County.
Beaches at Fort Macon State Park, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll Shores, Salter Path, and Indian Beach showed levels of bacteria that were too high for swimming.
State officials issued the alerts after bacteria readings were too high on Tuesday. The advisories were in effect all day Wednesday, and were lifted on Friday.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Amid Zika fears, Florida theme parks offer mosquito repellent
- New Vandemere Waterfront Park reopens five years after Hurricane Irene destruction
- Stand Up Outfitters 5th annual Colonial paddle board race