CARTERET COUNTY - Six swim advisories and three alerts have been lifted for beaches in Carteret County.
Beaches at Fort Macon State Park, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll Shores, Salter Path, and Indian Beach showed levels of bacteria that were too high for swimming.
State officials issued the alerts after bacteria readings were too high on Tuesday. The advisories were in effect all day Wednesday, and were lifted on Friday.
- Updated China: Japanese military jets using 'dangerous' tactics
- Pipeline protesters forced back after 141 arrested
- WikiLeaks reveals campaign vexed by 'Bill Clinton Inc.'
- The Cubs and Indians get ready to battle it out in Game 3 of The World Series
- Early voting update: More than 12.6 million votes cast