CARTERET COUNTY - Six swim advisories and three alerts have been lifted for beaches in Carteret County.
Beaches at Fort Macon State Park, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle, Pine Knoll Shores, Salter Path, and Indian Beach showed levels of bacteria that were too high for swimming.
State officials issued the alerts after bacteria readings were too high on Tuesday. The advisories were in effect all day Wednesday, and were lifted on Friday.
- Tornado watch for most of Eastern NC canceled
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms