TRENTON, JONES COUNTY - Two people were injured in a rollover crash in Jones County Monday afternoon.
According to the Highway Patrol, Donald Dare was driving south on Highway 41 towards Trenton. Dare said he was distracted by police lights further down the road, causing his vehicle to hit an SUV, which then flipped over.
The driver of that SUV, Richard Farnham, and his wife were trapped in their vehicle and had to be pulled out, troopers said. They were taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Troopers said Dare's three kids were in his vehicle during the crash, but they were not hurt. Investigators said seat belts saved the lives of everyone involved.
Dare was charged with failure to yield.
- Updated Academy President on 'Birth of a Nation': 'People need to see this movie'
- Updated First known case of sexual Zika transmission without symptoms
- Updated US blood supply should be screened for Zika, FDA says
- Updated Dolly Parton on 2016 candidates: 'I think they're both nuts'
- Updated Wolfowitz 'might have to vote' for Clinton