An SUV was found engulfed in flames overnight, and NewsChannel 12 was the only station on the scene to investigate.
The vehicle fire happened just past the intersection of Main Street and Murray Street, near National Avenue in New Bern.
Crews first got the call at around 1 a.m. Thursday, said Jeff Connor, fire inspector for the New Bern Fire Department. When they got to the scene, they found a fully engulfed S.U.V.
Firefighters were able to put out the blaze, but the vehicle was a total loss, Connor said.
No one was hurt, and police were working to locate and talk to the owner of the vehicle, who lived in the area, Connor said.
Firefighters were still looking into the cause of the fire, Connor said. Police were investigating if foul play was involved.
- Updated 'Moonlight' named best picture by L.A. Film Critics
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy
- President Obama marks 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack