PITT COUNTY - Pitt County deputies are investigating a suspicious fire that destroyed a for-sale home.
The home, on Blue Eyes Road near Highway 30, had 35-foot flames jumping from the roof when firefighters arrived at approximately 10 p.m. Saturday, a fire official said.
No one was home; investigators are working to locate the current owner, authorities said.
The home was deemed a total loss.
No one was hurt.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend