BEAUFORT COUNTY - A fire early Sunday morning at an abandoned building near Chocowinity has been labeled suspicious, according to a Beaufort County Sheriff's investigator.
Firefighters were called to the 2000 block of Highway 102 at approximately 4 a.m., according to the Chocowinity Volunteer Fire Department.
The building was filled with fire when crews arrived, according to the department.
No further information was available.
- Updated Tropical Storm Matthew forms in the Caribbean could have impacts to Eastern North Carolina
- Updated Trump peddles Google conspiracy theory
- UPDATE: Missing 11-year-old North Carolina girl found safe
- CIA Director: We 'have to assume' terrorist activity in US
- Trump campaign talking points: Bring up Monica