BEAUFORT COUNTY - Two people were arrested in Beaufort County for allegedly breaking into several homes and a church.
Patrick Raymond Small, 34, and Morgan Ayers Burbage, 30, both of Bath, are accused of breaking into homes in the Bayview community of Bath. A church on Highway 92 East was also broken into, investigators said.
Deputies said they received reports of the break-ins between Dec. 6, 2013 and Jan. 5, 2014. Electronics, jewelry, and household items were stolen, said investigators.
Small and Burbage were arrested on Jan. 6 and have been charged with two counts each of felony breaking and entering, three counts each of larceny after breaking and entering, one count each of breaking and entering a place of worship, and one count each of possession of drug paraphernalia.
They were being held in the Beaufort County Detention Center under $100,300 secured bonds.
The stolen properties were recovered and returned to the owners, deputies said.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'