GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Police have arrested four suspects for allegedly robbing two women at gunpoint near the ECU campus.
Alexis Gibson, 19, Sacha Lata Gibson, 24, Jeremon Marshall, 25, and Jason Earl Moore, 27, all residents of Greenville, have each been charged with two counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon and felony conspiracy. They were each being held under a $300,000 secured bond.
The suspects allegedly robbed the two women near the intersection of Wyndham Circle and Brownlea Drive at about 1:50 a.m. Monday, police said. The victims told investigators they were in the area to meet friends when they were robbed at gunpoint.
Officers soon pulled over the suspects and found stolen cash and cell phones in their vehicle, police said. They said they also found a 20-gauge shotgun believed to be used in the robbery.
The victims were not believed to be ECU students, according to investigators.
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'
- Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal