BATH, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies said they have arrested two people for allegedly stealing a ring from a home, which was later found at a jewelry store.
Richard Brown and Brandi McMillen, both 39 from Washington, are accused of taking the ring from a home on Shore Drive in Bath. The alleged incident was reported just before 10 a.m. on Aug. 5, according to investigators.
Deputies said the ring was later recovered at a jewelry store and was returned to the owner.
The suspects turned themselves in Aug. 30, deputies said. Brown has been charged with felony larceny and McMillen has been charged with obtaining property by false pretenses. Each suspect was being held under a $1,000 secured bond.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike