BATH, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies said they have arrested two people for allegedly stealing a ring from a home, which was later found at a jewelry store.
Richard Brown and Brandi McMillen, both 39 from Washington, are accused of taking the ring from a home on Shore Drive in Bath. The alleged incident was reported just before 10 a.m. on Aug. 5, according to investigators.
Deputies said the ring was later recovered at a jewelry store and was returned to the owner.
The suspects turned themselves in Aug. 30, deputies said. Brown has been charged with felony larceny and McMillen has been charged with obtaining property by false pretenses. Each suspect was being held under a $1,000 secured bond.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County