NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A man was arrested on National Siblings Day for allegedly beating his sister, sending her to the ICU with injuries to the brain.
Craven County deputies arrested 50-year-old Rodney Gaskill on Wednesday. Rodney allegedly beat his 48-year-old sister, Vanessa, in the head while at their home, on Brandywine Dr., east of New Bern. The attack happened on Monday, investigators said.
At last check, Vanessa was at a hospital in critical condition.
Rodney Gaskill was charged with felony assault inflicting serious injury, and was placed in jail under a $250,000 bond.
The suspect lives with his mother, who told authorities that if her son comes back, he would kill her, according to documents.
Documents also show Gaskill was convicted of several violent crimes dating back to 1985, including assault with a deadly weapon in 2000 and assault and battery in 2008.
- Updated Defenseless internet 'paying the price' for ignoring security
- Updated Trump: I'd 'love' to fight Biden
- Updated Trump campaign manager: We are vetting people for Trump's cabinet
- Updated Posting ballot selfies: Personal choice or illegal act?
- Trayvon Martin unmentioned as Trump talks of blacks getting shot in the city he died in