KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Kinston Police say they have arrested a northeastern Pennsylvania man who is being sought in connection with a homicide investigation.
Authorities said a silver 2010 Buick LaCrosse belonging to 35-year-old Angela Steigerwalt (pictured right), of Tamaqua, Pa., was pulled over in Kinston on Sunday. After a brief standoff, police arrested the driver, 24-year-old Anthony Heath of Allentown (pictured left).
Steigerwalt's body was discovered by firefighters battling a brush fire on Saturday in Jim Thorpe, Pa. She was last seen leaving work Friday at the Kraft Foods Plant in Lehigh County.
Heath is being held without bail at the Lenoir County Jail, pending his extradition to Pennsylvania.
- Updated Kinston Police Officers arrest man wanted for a robbery
- Updated Onslow County husband and wife arrested on drug charges
- Updated US flag, lowered after election, flies again at Hampshire College
- Updated Trump economic adviser: Romney pick for secretary of state would be 'betrayal'
- Updated At least 12 dead in Gatlinburg fires