PITT COUNTY - A Martin County man faces a slew of charges for an alleged armed home invasion in Pitt County.
According to deputies, 28-year-old Montreal Williams, of Hamilton, was involved in a home invasion on Kings Branch Drive in Greenville on Aug. 12.
Williams was arrested at about 9 p.m. Wednesday. He has been charged with four counts of first-degree kidnapping, two counts of assault by pointing a gun, two counts of possession of a firearm by felon, robbery with a dangerous weapon, first-degree burglary, communicating threats, possession with intent to sell marijuana, and interfering with emergency communications.
Neighbors say the woman inside the house and her children were held at gunpoint. They say the children were held face down on the ground during the break-in.
Deputies say Williams did not act alone in the invasion. They are still searching for the second suspect.
Prior to Williams' arrest, he was wanted in Martin County for allegedly skipping a court date on felony breaking and entering and larceny charges.
Williams was being held on a $615,000 bond. His first court appearance was scheduled for Thursday morning.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery