GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Police have identified the suspect wanted in four larceny incidents at Sears. Police said Dennis Whitley, 34, is a repeat offender wanted in other eastern North Carolina towns; Whitley has outstanding arrest warrants now in Greenville, Jacksonville and Goldsboro. Investigators said Whitley also has prior arrests for burglary, larceny, obtaining property by false pretense and possession of stolen goods.
Whitley is a white male, about 5'9" tall. He weighs about 200 lbs, and has short, strawberry-blonde hair, and a goatee beard. He has a tattoo on his right arm, (tribal band with cross) and one on his left arm (initials: DKW). His NC driver's license is currently suspended according to NC DMV records.
Investigators said Whitley was seen on surveillance pictures at the Sears Department Store on at least three separate occasions. Most recently, the suspect entered the store and took a 40" Samsung flat-screen television.
- Updated Doctor: I wrote Trump's bill of health in 5 minutes
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims