GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY - Greenville Police have identified the suspect wanted in four larceny incidents at Sears. Police said Dennis Whitley, 34, is a repeat offender wanted in other eastern North Carolina towns; Whitley has outstanding arrest warrants now in Greenville, Jacksonville and Goldsboro. Investigators said Whitley also has prior arrests for burglary, larceny, obtaining property by false pretense and possession of stolen goods.
Whitley is a white male, about 5'9" tall. He weighs about 200 lbs, and has short, strawberry-blonde hair, and a goatee beard. He has a tattoo on his right arm, (tribal band with cross) and one on his left arm (initials: DKW). His NC driver's license is currently suspended according to NC DMV records.
Investigators said Whitley was seen on surveillance pictures at the Sears Department Store on at least three separate occasions. Most recently, the suspect entered the store and took a 40" Samsung flat-screen television.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day