HAVELOCK, CRAVEN COUNTY - A man accused of shooting another man five times at an apartment complex in Havelock last year has been arrested.
Javon Anthony Ward, 23, was arrested on Tuesday in New Hanover County, according to the Sheriff's Office there.
Police said Ward shot 25-year-old Stev'n Kyle Todd on Aug. 9, 2013 at Kelly Park Apartments on Shipman Road in Havelock.
Todd was found with five gunshot wounds in the apartment complex's parking lot, said investigators. The bullets hit him in both legs, shattering his femur.
Todd was taken to Vident Medical Center and has since been released.
"I'm happy that I'm blessed. I got another chance at life," Todd told NewsChannel 12.
Todd said Ward shot him over a disagreement.
Ward is facing one count of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. In addition, he has been charged with the following:
Trafficking in opium or heroin (two counts);
Possession with intent to manufacture/sell/distribute heroin;
Possession of drug paraphernalia;
Failure to appear on misdemeanor (two counts);
Resist/delay/obstruct public officers.
Ward is being held under a $256,000 bond.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates