NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A marriage proposal creates a special moment between two people, but when one man popped the question this weekend it became a special moment for almost 200 people at a Southern Gentleman's Club concert in Craven County.
Jeff Roberts had intended to get a barbershop quartet to sing to his girl friend for valentines day, but they were booked. Little did he know she had tried to do the same thing. So to propose, Roberts surprised his bride-to-be, Stacy Leskovec during a Barbershop Concert on Saturday.
"Surprised is an understatement!" says Leskovec.
Leskovec was called up at intermission to receive a raffle drawing prize, little did she know her boyfriend Roberts was sneaking around behind her to get down on one knee. After she said yes the entire auditorium sang "Heart of my Heart" with the quartet to wish the new couple well.
Quartet members say they had a blast planning the event. Two of the men in the group even posed as insurance adjusters when visiting Roberts house to organize the proposal.
- Updated China: Japanese military jets using 'dangerous' tactics
- Pipeline protesters forced back after 141 arrested
- WikiLeaks reveals campaign vexed by 'Bill Clinton Inc.'
- The Cubs and Indians get ready to battle it out in Game 3 of The World Series
- Early voting update: More than 12.6 million votes cast