EASTERN CAROLINA - As we head into our first full fall weekend, surf's up in Eastern Carolina.
Seas will be up for the weekend as a developing storm off the North Carolina coast will bring breezy conditions and high seas.
A Small Craft Advisory is in effect through Sunday, with seas 5 to 7 feet high.
Pressure will build in from the northeast states Friday through this upcoming weekend, bringing dry and relatively cool conditions. A developing low pressure system off the North Carolina coast may bring breezy conditions, some clouds, and a few coastal showers by Friday and Saturday. However, the storm system will be too far off the coast to have any big impact on our forecast.
Inland winds will be picking up between 15 to 20mph. Along the coast, winds will be 20 to 25mph.
It will feel much like fall this weekend. Highs will range from the low to mid 70s inland, and the mid to upper 70s along the coast. A gradual warming trend is expected during the early to mid-week period of next week as the high slowly weakens.
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida
- Updated Google launches offline YouTube app and Wi-Fi expansion in India