SURF CITY - A surfer has died after drowning at Surf City beach in Pender County.
The Jacksonville Daily News reports 21-year-old Kurt Murray drowned Sunday afternoon. Crews responded to a call around 2 p.m.
They tried to revive Murray at the scene. He was transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center, where he later died.
- Updated Officer pleads not guilty in Philando Castile killing
- Updated Will Trump get his commerce secretary?
- New One arrested, two wanted in Onslow County break-in
- Lenor County business to add 25 jobs, $4.5 million in investments
- Nunes: 'We still have not seen any evidence' of Trump campaign, Russia contact