SURF CITY - A surfer has died after drowning at Surf City beach in Pender County.
The Jacksonville Daily News reports 21-year-old Kurt Murray drowned Sunday afternoon. Crews responded to a call around 2 p.m.
They tried to revive Murray at the scene. He was transported to New Hanover Regional Medical Center, where he later died.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend