ATLANTIC BEACH, CARTERET COUNTY - A Crystal Coast native is comparing Tropical Storm Andrea to past storms.
Bill Barts has been surfing for 50 years. He grew up in Atlantic Beach and used to head to the water when swells were large. He said only highly experienced surfers should head out onto the water when the sea gets rough.
Barts also said Andrea's early arrival is not common for the region.
- Updated World's largest pearl sits under a bed for 10 years
- Updated Carteret County Health Department Clinical Services closing for mandatory training
- Updated Amatrice: The town at the epicenter of the Italian earthquake
- Army general to testify in Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl pretrial hearing
- Search continues for naked vandals