ATLANTIC BEACH, CARTERET COUNTY - A Crystal Coast native is comparing Tropical Storm Andrea to past storms.
Bill Barts has been surfing for 50 years. He grew up in Atlantic Beach and used to head to the water when swells were large. He said only highly experienced surfers should head out onto the water when the sea gets rough.
Barts also said Andrea's early arrival is not common for the region.
- New Get ready for this year's N.C. Seafood Festival! It opens Friday.
- Updated Obama says Congress made a 'mistake' overriding his veto of Saudi lawsuit bill
- Coast Guard suspends search for missing Cuban migrants
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.