TRENTON, JONES COUNTY - A trio of students allegedly broke into Jones Senior High School, and deputies said they caught the suspects in the act.
According to investigators, 17-year-old Torrance D. Crouell and two brothers, 17-year-old Gary Tyrone Koonce and 16-year-old Tyler Allen Koonce, all of Trenton, broke into Jones Senior High School Wednesday morning. A teacher reported seeing the three suspects on closed-circuit television.
When deputies arrived, they saw the three teens stuffing electronics, clothing and candy into their bags, said investigators. The suspects were immediately arrested.
According to the teacher who called authorities, this was not the first time she caught the three teens in the school without permission outside of normal hours. But she said this was the first time the suspects were seen stealing.
All three teens have been charged with felony breaking and entering, as well as felony larceny after breaking and entering. The suspects were placed in the Jones County Jail under a $10,000 secured bond each.
- New Campaign manager points to 'undercover Trump vote' in polling gap
- Updated Maternal deaths down globally, up in US
- Updated Flight delayed over bizarre crew member tiff
- Updated Family Dollar store robbed at gunpoint, suspect on the loose
- Updated Closest potentially habitable planet to our solar system found