eastern Carolina - After a week of heat and humidity, cooler drier conditions are on the horizon. But before they arrive, a line of strong storms will push through the area.
This line of storms cranked through the midwest yesterday and is slowly moving towards eastern Carolina. The line of storms will effect us in two different ways. First, late this afternoon, strong showers and thunderstorms will start kicking out ahead of the main band. Some of these storms could be severe. The main threat would be damaging winds, localized flooding, and possibly an isolated tornado. After nightfall this first round of showers will move off the coast, but the primary batch of rain will be following close behind. This band of heavy showers should roll through our area at about 2 O'clock in the morning Saturday into Sunday.
Sunday morning clouds and lingering showers will slowly clear, with sun likely in the afternoon. From there on out, we will have comfortably warm days with refreshingly cool nights on tap till Friday.
- Updated Brooklyn's coolest hotels and hottest hangouts
- Updated Trump has 3,643 websites that range from TrumpEmpire.com to TrumpFraud.org
- Updated Snapchat Spectacles now for sale online
- Updated Angelina Jolie opens up about family after split with Brad Pitt
- Trump's promises hit Washington reality in first month