A Cleveland stripper is in critical condition after attempting a tricky move during a lap dance that instead caused her to tumble off a balcony, landing 15 feet below, police say.
Lauren Block, 22, was entertaining a customer on the second floor of Christie's Cabaret at 12:40 a.m. Wednesday when she attempted a "jump-dance" move that misfired, the man getting the lap dance told police.
"He stated that she grabbed the rail, as he was facing away from the balcony, and she tried to complete some sort of jump-dance move, and accidentally went head first over the rail," a Cleveland Police Department incident report said.
Block suffered "massive head trauma" and was lying on the floor of the club when police and paramedics arrived, according to the report.
She was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center where she remained in critical condition.
Cleveland Police said they are no longer investigating the incident, which they view as an accident.
Christie's Cabaret, a chain of "Gentlemen's clubs," has not responded to requests for comment.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville