EASTERN NC - We're tracking a warm front that will lift across the area this afternoon. As the front lifts it will create a wide-range in temperatures across the area.
East of Highway 17 will be near 80 degrees. Areas west of Highway 258 will be into the low 70s.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms will be with us through the afternoon. But a chance of stronger storms will occur Tuesday as a warm front lifts further to our north.
These storms could have brief, heavy downpours with damaging wind gusts.
Temperatures will be into the 80s Tuesday, through the middle of the week until we finally clear a front off our coast by later on Wednesday.
StormTrack 12 meteorologists will continue to keep you updated on the potential for severe weather dangers in Eastern North Carolina.
- Updated Mark Cuban: My players can join national anthem protest
- Updated Special Weather Statement
- Updated Pence debate prep: More traditional than Trump's, practicing with Scott Walker
- Updated CDC releases new guidance on Zika and sex
- Updated Howard Dean apologizes for 'innuendo' in cocaine comments