EASTERN N.C. - Your Labor Day may start with sun but more scattered afternoon showers are expected again today.
Storms are likely to have heavy downpours like they did yesterday.
Sunday for example, one such storm gave one of our spotters over 3 inches of rain in Fairfield Harbor.
Expect thunderstorms to generally start to pop up in the early afternoon. They will once again be scattered and slow moving, which should give you plenty of time to dodge them or move activities inside.
Expect gusty winds and heavy downpours for most of the storms. Aside from the storms, expect another warm one today.
Highs will generally be in the upper 80's and feel like they are in the low 90's before rain hits this afternoon.
If you are heading to the beach, be aware we still have a moderate rip current risk for all North Carolina Beaches. Waves will generally be only one to two feet with a dominate period of about ten seconds.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 for the latest on these potential storms.
- Updated WCTI's Anna Bulszewicz announces she's leaving the anchor desk
- Updated Pence tries for damage control abroad but allies still wary
- Updated Investigation underway after teen shot in New Bern
- Updated Border Patrol shooting of Mexican goes to Supreme Court
- Updated Israeli soldier sentenced in Palestinian killing