EASTERN N.C. - Your Labor Day may start with sun but more scattered afternoon showers are expected again today.
Storms are likely to have heavy downpours like they did yesterday.
Sunday for example, one such storm gave one of our spotters over 3 inches of rain in Fairfield Harbor.
Expect thunderstorms to generally start to pop up in the early afternoon. They will once again be scattered and slow moving, which should give you plenty of time to dodge them or move activities inside.
Expect gusty winds and heavy downpours for most of the storms. Aside from the storms, expect another warm one today.
Highs will generally be in the upper 80's and feel like they are in the low 90's before rain hits this afternoon.
If you are heading to the beach, be aware we still have a moderate rip current risk for all North Carolina Beaches. Waves will generally be only one to two feet with a dominate period of about ten seconds.
Stay with NewsChannel 12 for the latest on these potential storms.
- Updated Grandson charged with beating grandfather to death
- Updated Have you heard of an outdoor preschool? There's now one in ENC.
- Updated OPEC agrees to cut production; oil prices surge
- Updated Eric Trump praises dad's 'courage' in not bringing up Bill Clinton's infidelities
- Updated Michelle Obama goes off on Donald Trump