Eastern Carolina - Overnight Saturday locations saw anywhere from a 0.25"- 1.00" of rain. Sunday brings yet another chance for rain.
The center of activity will be limited to the coastal region. Clouds should begin building in the late morning and early afternoon. By mid-afternoon thunderstorms should reach the mature stage, producing downpours and lightning. Some of these storms could be strong or even severe. Most of them will be your garden variety storm.
Showers will continue into the work week. Monday showers could meander through the region early and flit through most of the day. Tuesday will be mostly sunny with storms arriving late from the west. Wednesday through Friday we see a bit of a pattern change. This will allow heat to rebuild and sea breeze storms to make a reappearance.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way