EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA - Severe thunderstorm watch for Beaufort, Carteret, Craven, Dare, Duplin, Greene, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, Onslow, Pamlico, Pender, Pitt, Tyrrell, Washington and Wayne Counties until 10:00 PM.
A watch means conditions are favorable for the development of severe storms. However, there are some strong storms out there.
A strong thunderstorm will move across Carteret County though 8:15 PM.
This thunderstorm is moving east at 25 mph. Some locations in the path of this storm include Salter Path, Pine Knoll Shores, Indian Beach, Wildwood, Mitchell Village, Atlantic Beach, Morehead City, Fort Macon State Park and Beaufort.
Weather dangers include gusty winds of 40-50 mph and deadly cloud to ground lightning.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend