The following is a statement from The Epiphany School in response to Charles Phillip Drake:
The Epiphany School of Global Studies has been informed that Charles "Phil" Drake, former assistant basketball coach, was arrested on Sunday by the Craven County Sheriff's Department. Alleged charges involve inappropriate actions with minors. After conducting our standard background check for employees, Mr. Drake served as an assistant boys varsity basketball coach for the 2013-2014 season. The background check produced a clean record at the time. These alleged charges do not involve any Epiphany students nor did any of the alleged incidents occur on the school campus. At no time during the season was Mr. Drake ever alone with any of our students. As the assistant basketball coach, he did not transport any of our students. His employment with Epiphany ended last week with the conclusion of the basketball season. The school did not intend to re-hire Mr. Drake for next year due to his performance review as a basketball coach.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- New State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day