ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. - Elizabeth City Police are investigating a shooting that killed a teenager and critically injured another.
Police confirm the 19-year-old victim Tyshaun Lavern Henry died from a gunshot wound. 18-year-old McKenzie Farr, is in critical but stable condition and has been transferred to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for further treatment.
According to police, around 7:40 p,m, Friday, officers responded to the 100 block of Celeste Street to reports of gunshots in the area. At the scene, officers say they found both victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
The Elizabeth City Police Department urges anyone with information pertaining to this shooting to contact them at (252) 335-5555. All information received will remain anonymous and strictly confidential.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Firefighters respond to house fire in New Bern
- 30 inmates at Tyrrell Prison Work Farm charged with drug offenses since May
- The Geminid meteor shower is upon us and might be one of the best ever
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps