ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. - Elizabeth City Police are investigating a shooting that killed a teenager and critically injured another.
Police confirm the 19-year-old victim Tyshaun Lavern Henry died from a gunshot wound. 18-year-old McKenzie Farr, is in critical but stable condition and has been transferred to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital for further treatment.
According to police, around 7:40 p,m, Friday, officers responded to the 100 block of Celeste Street to reports of gunshots in the area. At the scene, officers say they found both victims suffering from gunshot wounds.
The Elizabeth City Police Department urges anyone with information pertaining to this shooting to contact them at (252) 335-5555. All information received will remain anonymous and strictly confidential.
- Hurricane Jose holding steady, Maria up to Category 5 storm
- Sprint's 1Million Project to provide over 300 Pitt County students with free wireless service
- Improvements in LCPS has others wanting to know how it was done
- North Duplin Junior Senior High one of 22 schools to get garden grant
- Evans Street in Greenville to close for railroad repairs