ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) - North Carolina revenue officials have accused the owner of a local catering company of embezzling nearly $42,000 in collected sales taxes.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports Investigators with the N.C. Department of Revenue say Alisia Lee Parrott turned herself into state officials on Tuesday. Parrott is charged with 14 felony counts of embezzlement. It's not known if she has an attorney.
State investigators say that from 2011 to 2017, Parrott aided her company in misapplying and converting state and Buncombe County sales tax to its own use.
Parrott posted her $100,000 bail Tuesday. She told the newspaper on Wednesday that she never intentionally did anything wrong and is working with state officials "to remedy this as expediently as possible."
Information from: The Asheville Citizen-Times, http://www.citizen-times.com
- Organization pays holiday travel expenses for Purple Heart recipients
- Greenville Police distribute 100 meals to needy families in area
- Rape suspect arrested after two months on the run
- Missing dog creates quite the scramble in Carteret County
- 500-acre prescribed burn planned for Croatan National Forest