Following the mass shooting in Las Vegas, officials will be increasing security at the 2017 NC State Fair.
Fair officials said there will be at least 250 deputies patrolling, adding that security is their main priority.
CLICK HERE to read more from WTVD
"Are we on a heightened alert because of Las Vegas, absolutely," said Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison. "We have some people that are working undercover. People in places that they can see throughout the fairground. We have cameras in case something happens that will help us tremendously. We want people to come here and feel safe. We want them to get here safely, go home safely."
- Student charged after taking gun onto Craven Community College campus
- Jacksonville Police investigating death at Stevenson Toyota
- Detectives investigating fatal shooting in Greene County
- Pasquotank Correctional Institution still on lockdown
- Kinston woman hits $1 million in lottery game, plans to open kennel