CAPE HATTERAS, Dare County - A 64-year-old man is the seventh drowning victim at the Cape Hatteras National Seashore this year.
The unidentified man was found Sunday afternoon floating facedown in the surf, according to CHNS officials. Rescuers pulled him to shore near the Frisco Pier, but he could not be revived.
There was a high rip current risk issued for Sunday.
The cause of death has not been announced.
- Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures
- Updated Man wanted in shooting in Pink Hill turns himself in