SMITHFIELD, N.C. (WTVD) - The Smithfield Police Department has charged a man with a long list of crimes after he allegedly broke into an elderly woman's home and attacked her.
Police said they went to a burglary call and found an 89-year-old woman with obvious injuries and signs of a struggle in her home.
It happened in the south part of the city just after 4 a.m. Sunday. Police are not saying exactly where because of nature of the attack.
A search dog was called for, and officers were able to find 52-year-old Jose Campuzano-Ramirez.
He's charged with felony attempted rape, kidnapping, first-degree burglary, and assault.
Bond was set at one million dollars.
- Kinston man arrested and charged with six counts of attempted murder
- BSH Home Appliances expands recall of dishwashers due to fire hazard
- Four inmates charged with murder in Pasquotank failed prison escape
- Body of missing former Jacksonville PD officer found, woman arrested
- Multiple agencies working large crime scene in Craven County