CHARLOTTE - A high school senior is shot and killed during a party in south Charlotte Sunday night.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say an unsupervised party was being held in the 400 block of Kelford Lane. According to investigators the unidentified victim and another person got into an argument at the party. The argument escalated and shots were fired.
Police arrived at the scene around 10:45 p.m. The teenage boy was transported to the hospital and later died from a gunshot wound.
Police have a person of interest in custody. The person's identity has not been released.
This is Charlotte's 12th homicide of 2017.
- Sneads Ferry residents answer call to help for Christmas
- Greenville, J.H. Rose legend honored for attending record number of basketball games
- Members of ECU basketball team visit Vidant children's hospital
- Local father charged with death of 9-month old daughter
- Seven more arrested in connection to 2016 Kinston murder investigation