The Department of Defense have identified a fourth soldier killed in Niger on October 4th.
Sgt. La David Johnson, 25, was from Miami Gardens, Florida. He was assigned to 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Bragg.
Staff Sgt. Bryan Black, 35, was from Puyallup, Washington. Staff Stg. Jeremiah Johnson, 39, was from Springboro, Ohio. Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright was from Lyons, Georgia.
All three were assigned to 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Bragg.
Two other soldiers were wounded in the attack on a joint U.S./Nigerien patrol. The 50 or so fighters who attacked the patrol are thought to be affiliated with ISIS. Five Nigerien soldiers were killed.
The Department of Defense says the incident is under investigation.
- Tips to keep in mind to keep children warm from cold temps
- Keep your outside pets safe from the cold weather this season
- Community Crossroads Center ready for help homeless through cold weather
- Military wife creatively includes deployed husband in Christmas card
- Vivian Howard's new restaurant opens in Wilmington