The Department of Defense have identified a fourth soldier killed in Niger on October 4th.
Sgt. La David Johnson, 25, was from Miami Gardens, Florida. He was assigned to 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Bragg.
Staff Sgt. Bryan Black, 35, was from Puyallup, Washington. Staff Stg. Jeremiah Johnson, 39, was from Springboro, Ohio. Staff Sgt. Dustin Wright was from Lyons, Georgia.
All three were assigned to 3rd Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Fort Bragg.
Two other soldiers were wounded in the attack on a joint U.S./Nigerien patrol. The 50 or so fighters who attacked the patrol are thought to be affiliated with ISIS. Five Nigerien soldiers were killed.
The Department of Defense says the incident is under investigation.
- New Basketball filled with drugs found at Tyrrell Prison Work Farm
- Student charged after taking gun onto Craven Community College campus
- Jacksonville Police investigating death at Stevenson Toyota
- Kinston Police looking for man in weekend shooting case
- Detectives investigating fatal shooting in Greene County