BUTNER, N.C. - Charges were dismissed against the teen who allegedly admitted to decapitating his mother, the Franklin County Sheriff has told our ABC affiliate, WTVD. The sheriff said Oliver Machado is now out of Central Prison and is at Central Regional Medical Center in Butner.
The gruesome murder happened March 6 at a home just south of U.S. Highway 64 in Franklin County. The area is east of Zebulon, near the Wake County line.
Franklin County Sheriff's Office Chief of Staff Terry Wright said Machado, 18, called 911 himself and was still on the scene when deputies arrived. He allegedly told investigators he killed his mother because "he felt like it."
According to court documents, Machado took four different medications for psychosis and schizophrenia.
- Updated Local man facing slew of child sex offense charges in Duplin Co.
- Updated Anchored for Life aims to help students with transition to new school
- Updated Community shop helps local families get Christmas presents on a budget
- Camp Lejeune to enforce stricter base entry procedures
- The Geminid meteor shower is upon us and might be one of the best ever