BUTNER, N.C. - Charges were dismissed against the teen who allegedly admitted to decapitating his mother, the Franklin County Sheriff has told our ABC affiliate, WTVD. The sheriff said Oliver Machado is now out of Central Prison and is at Central Regional Medical Center in Butner.
The gruesome murder happened March 6 at a home just south of U.S. Highway 64 in Franklin County. The area is east of Zebulon, near the Wake County line.
Franklin County Sheriff's Office Chief of Staff Terry Wright said Machado, 18, called 911 himself and was still on the scene when deputies arrived. He allegedly told investigators he killed his mother because "he felt like it."
According to court documents, Machado took four different medications for psychosis and schizophrenia.
- Updated New vet clinic lends helping hand for service dogs
- Greenville candidates running for mayor discuss issues in forum
- New skills center breaks ground in Jacksonville
- Four armed robberies in four days have GPD giving advice
- New Correctional officer involved in prison breakout attempt out of hospital