CHARLOTTE (AP) - A second person has been arrested in a shooting death in North Carolina's largest city.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Thursday that 35-year-old Shenika Yvonne James has been charged with murder in the killing of 25-year-old Jarel D'Shaun Grace. James is also charged with conspiracy, robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault.
She surrendered to Clarendon County, South Carolina, sheriff's deputies and is awaiting extradition. It was not known if she has an attorney.
Grace was found in the front yard of a house April 1.
Officers were called to a nearby shooting about minutes later that resulted in minor injuries. Police said the victims knew each other.
Twenty-three-year-old James Russell Andrews was arrested April 5 and charged with murder, armed robbery, conspiracy, assault and possession of a gun by felon.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend