Below is Aaron Colten Smith's statement to police about the double stabbing at 518 Turner Street in Beaufort.
"Man, I f***ed up. I f***ed up bad. I'm going to prison for a long time now; I'm already on probation.
"I don't know [where the knife is]. I threw it down in the house, I think. I'm not sure, I blacked out. Man, I told them not to call the cops. I would have left in the morning, but she wouldn't listen.
"No, it's their blood [on my shirt]. Man, I f***ed up bad. I was just trying to go to sleep. She wanted to come in there and argue. I told her I was getting my own place and that I would have left in the morning. I just wanted to go to bed. But no, she wouldn't listen. She had to keep saying she was going to call the cops, so I was like, 'screw it.'" I was already going to go to jail, so I was like, 'f*** it.'" I just lost it and stabbed them. Man, I'm going to go to jail for a long time. now."
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend