EASTERN N.C. - Spotty showers Friday, Near Record Highs this Weekend
A few rain showers may light up our doppler radar this afternoon as a storm system pushes in from the west today. Most of this storm has been kicked off well to the north of us, but we could still see some spotty showers on Friday because of it. Expect some clouds to hang around this afternoon through early Saturday. Then, the heat is on.
A strong high pressure system is going to start pumping in much warmer air from the south. This is going to help our temperatures climb into the 70's for the weekend, with the warmest day expected to be Sunday. We could definitely see some near-record highs.
Here are the record high temperatures for our area:
New Bern: 74°
New Bern: 78°
Keep these numbers handy as we watch our temperature readings soar this weekend.
- Updated How Syrian activists use WhatsApp to tell the world their stories
- Investigators: MH17 shot down by Buk missile brought in from Russia
- Billionaire: Chinese real estate is 'biggest bubble in history'
- Controversial 3-parent baby technique produces a boy
- Government workers banned from entering NC due to House Bill 2