Eastern Carolina - Get our there and soak up the sun! Temperatures will soar into the 70's today with only a few high cloud. A warm breeze will be around all day out of the southwest.
The sunny weather will last through dusk. It isn't until the early morning hours of Sunday that clouds will start to stream in from the south. Overnight we will also see our winds shift and start to blow from the north. This will help to draw in some cooler air near the ground.
The incoming moisture will start to slide up over the cold air at the surface. We will see rain on Sunday as early as noon. It will be a cold rain. Showers will start to spread north of Highway 70 and closer to the coast by 3pm. Overall, expect only around a quarter of an inch of rain, or as much as a half an inch in moderate downpours.
Rain will stay for Monday. By the time we clear our late Tuesday, we will have likely picked up 1.50"-2.00" of rain.
- Updated Brexit: 4.2 million migrants still wait to learn their fate
- New Onslow County man facing larceny, other charges
- Updated Iraqi forces take key village near airport from ISIS
- Updated 'Stand your ground' hearing opens in Fla. theater shooting
- New Winterville Police looking for suspect in Subway robbery