CRAVEN COUNTY - A New Bern was jailed for allegedly spanking his neighbor's 5-year-old son.
James Dixon, 60, allegedly used his hand to hit the boy's bottom several times.
Dixon, of McKinley Avenue in New Bern, is charged with assault on a child under 12; he's now out of jail.
The incident happened in late May.
Dixon could not be reached for comment.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Updated Lochte's presence is desired by Brazilian authorities
- Updated Heroin seizure a 'substantial' dent in opioid epidemic
- Updated Jimmy Carter, rebuilding after cancer
- New Binghamton University: 'Stop White People' event was 'ironic'