WILMINGTON, N.C. - A 20-year-old Wilmington man has been charged with murder in the death of his father.
Investigators said Corey Roberts argued with his father Thursday night, then appeared to be trying to stab himself as 52-year-old Christopher Roberts tried to calm him down.
Authorities say Corey Roberts then turned the knife on his father, stabbing him in the back with a kitchen knife. The father died a short time later at the hospital.
Investigators say the stabbing was captured on a 911 call, with a woman saying Roberts was trying to kill himself, then suddenly screaming that her dad had been stabbed.
Roberts remains in jail. It wasn't known if he had a lawyer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race