WILMINGTON, N.C. - A 20-year-old Wilmington man has been charged with murder in the death of his father.
Investigators said Corey Roberts argued with his father Thursday night, then appeared to be trying to stab himself as 52-year-old Christopher Roberts tried to calm him down.
Authorities say Corey Roberts then turned the knife on his father, stabbing him in the back with a kitchen knife. The father died a short time later at the hospital.
Investigators say the stabbing was captured on a 911 call, with a woman saying Roberts was trying to kill himself, then suddenly screaming that her dad had been stabbed.
Roberts remains in jail. It wasn't known if he had a lawyer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Doctor: I wrote Trump's bill of health in 5 minutes
- Updated Trent Woods road closing for repairs starting Sept. 6
- Updated Man arrested in Greenville on drug possession charges
- Updated Badges save officers struck by bullets
- New Bern Shrine Club holding donation drive for Louisiana flood victims