Raleigh, NC - A sergeant accused of hazing a private because of his Chinese heritage will go on trial this week at Fort Bragg on charges the abuse led to the soldier's suicide.
The court martial for Sgt. Adam Holcomb of Youngstown, Ohio, will begin Tuesday. He is one of eight soldiers charged in the death of the 19-year-old Pvt. Danny Chen, of New York.
Military officials say Chen shot himself last year in Afghanistan after weeks of physical and emotional abuse.
Holcomb faces nearly 18 years in prison if convicted of all charges.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race