An Army soldier from North Carolina who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom has died in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced Saturday that Sgt. William D. Brown, III of Franklin, N.C. died Thursday, September 19.
He died in Laghman Province, Afghanistan, from a non-combat incident.
His death is under investigation.
Brown was assigned to the 94th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, in Fort Polk, Louisiana.
- Updated Autism link to herpes during pregnancy may be overstated, experts say
- New Silver Alert issued for missing Beaufort County man
- New North Carolina lawmaker introduces 'life at conception' bill
- Updated Verizon to test 5G in 11 cities
- Updated Astronomers discover 7 Earth-sized planets orbiting nearby star