An Army soldier from North Carolina who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom has died in Afghanistan.
The Department of Defense announced Saturday that Sgt. William D. Brown, III of Franklin, N.C. died Thursday, September 19.
He died in Laghman Province, Afghanistan, from a non-combat incident.
His death is under investigation.
Brown was assigned to the 94th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division, in Fort Polk, Louisiana.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend