A soccer match between Iran and Saudi Arabia proved to be an explosive game-- literally.
During Wednesday's AFC Champions League showdown in Iran, a player picked up an object on the field, thinking nothing of it. He then tossed that object to the side, only to explode a split second later.
No one was hurt. After a short delay, the game resumed. Police were investigating who tossed the explosive onto the field.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend