GREENVILLE - The Greenville Fire Department has said that there is no structure damage , only flame and smoke damage, to the shopping center at the intersection of Fire Tower Road and Arlington Boulevard, near the Baskin Robins.
The vacant unit is next door to the Great Clips.
According to Greenville Fire Battalion Chief Paul Ahearn, the fire started while construction workers were out for lunch.
Fire crews got the call at 12:35 p.m.
The workers had previously been using a blow torch to sweat air conditioning pipes together. While they were gone, the heat from the pipes and the wind started the fire.
The fire department evacuated the other stores in the shopping complex as a precaution.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez