GREENVILLE - The Greenville Fire Department has said that there is no structure damage , only flame and smoke damage, to the shopping center at the intersection of Fire Tower Road and Arlington Boulevard, near the Baskin Robins.
The vacant unit is next door to the Great Clips.
According to Greenville Fire Battalion Chief Paul Ahearn, the fire started while construction workers were out for lunch.
Fire crews got the call at 12:35 p.m.
The workers had previously been using a blow torch to sweat air conditioning pipes together. While they were gone, the heat from the pipes and the wind started the fire.
The fire department evacuated the other stores in the shopping complex as a precaution.
- Updated Hope that someone gets my message in a bottle - and someone did ... 50 years later
- Updated Deputies looking to identify man wanted for questioning in fraud case
- Updated Mediterranean migrant deaths reach record level in 2016
- Updated Megyn Kelly's epic clash with Newt Gingrich
- Updated Dogs go on poop patrol to sniff out fecal bacteria