NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A small fire needed to be extinguished on an engine of a plane at the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport.
According to the airport's director, the fire was sparked by either a fuel or oil leak.
A small group of people was working on the non-commercial plane's engine when the fire began. The group used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out.
The plane has not been airborne in nearly three years.
- Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- New labels warn against mixing opioids, benzodiazepines
- Mark Zuckerberg's visit gives Nigerian startups much-needed boost
- Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father-in-law