NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A small fire needed to be extinguished on an engine of a plane at the Coastal Carolina Regional Airport.
According to the airport's director, the fire was sparked by either a fuel or oil leak.
A small group of people was working on the non-commercial plane's engine when the fire began. The group used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out.
The plane has not been airborne in nearly three years.
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County