Just a reminder -- Saturday, Nov. 30 is Small Business Saturday, and it's a big deal for local small businesses.
Check out your local downtown or areas with small businesses to find great deals.
State officials with the National Federation of Independent Business say shoppers can make a big difference in their local communities by supporting Small Business Saturday.
"If you want to make a difference this holiday season, shop local and shop small," said Gregg Thompson with NFIB.
According to a recent nationwide survey by NFIB and American Express:
• 67% of small-business owners will offer discounts on specific items or general discounts on the day
• 39% of small-business owners are planning to collaborate with other small businesses in a community event to promote Small Business Saturday
• 36% will offer coupons for future offers or discounts
• 33% rely on social media most to promote Small Business Saturday to their customers; 18% say they will rely primarily on paid advertising
• 32% are starting their holiday promotions earlier than last year
• 21% are planning to increase the number of employees working on Small Business Saturday.
"Small and independent business owners are among the most generous supporters of civic groups, local charities, youth sports, schools and virtually every other form of community activity," Thompson said.