NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY - A new FOX television series, "Sleepy Hollow," started shooting in New Bern and Havelock, Monday.
Filming will take place at Tryon Palace on Monday and Tuesday. There will also be a shoot at Cedar Grove Cemetery and at a motel in Havelock. Film crews are already on the grounds of the palace, building set pieces for the shoot. Filming will take place at night so as not to affect normal operating hours for Tryon Palace.
"A lot of people may be familiar with the legend of sleepy hollow and the headless horseman," Mark Groffman, Executive producer, said. "We have basically taken the main character which is Ichabod Crane and put him in present day."
This is the first time Tryon Palace has been used for a major film production.
"It's very different from what we do here," acting director of Tryon Palace, Philippe Lafargue said. "I'm very excited about this opportunity because I hope some other film crews will recognize New Bern and Tryon Palace."
The mystery-adventure action series is slated to premiere on September 16th at 9:00 p.m.
- New Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- New Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health